So I spent yet another weekend binge watching FRIENDS. In all my years as a consumer of TV sitcoms, never have I come across a series as addictive as this one. Yes, you got me. I’m one of those corny, knows-all-the-dialogues-by-heart fans of the ubiquitous series. Guilty as charged.
Oh, to imagine growing up without those 6!
A million reruns later, I can safely claim to have picked up certain things from the much-loved series, as I’m sure all of nus have. Here’s a list of things I’ve learnt:
- It’s okay to hate your job. In your 20’s at least. Chandler did, as a …..wait, what was it he did again? (no, he was NOT a transpondster). So did Rachel during her stint as a waitress. And so did Monica, before she moved on to open her very own restaurant.
- It’s okay to fall out of love with a person. Think Ross and Rachel. They dated others and still managed to remain friends. Umm…okay, I take that back.
- No matter what the question, food is always the answer. Well, it worked for Joey.
- You can never tell how a person will turn out to be – no matter how long you’ve known them (think Carol).
- It never hurts to carry a fork on you. Who knows when you might come across some cheesecake!
- If you’ve lost something of value, more often than not, it will find it’s way back to you. Even if it’s a Science Boy magazine that comes out of a box labelled “Crap from the street“.
- Never date you sister’s stalker. Or any stalker, for that matter.
- A little neurotic OCD behavior is well, okay. No, seriously. Monica makes us all look soooo good. I mean come on! That woman had her towels categorized by 11 types!
- A good pair of shoes always hurt. And the pain inflicted is directly proportional to the price you paid for them. But do they look good on you? Oh yeah..!
- It’s always a bad idea to have a pet monkey. Not to mention a rooster. Or a cat. Especially if its a Sphinx cat you shelled out $1,000 for and one that looks like a snake. And if you do, you know what the worst part would be? You may not find a Gunther to buy it off you at a profit!
- A shaved head looks good on no one. Absolutely no one.
- It’s not that common, it doesn’t happen to every guy and it is a big deal.
- True friends always stay. No matter how out of touch you might get after college, but if they are your true friends, they will always be there when you need them. Friends are nothing but extended family.
- There are plenty of second chances in life. And if you are lucky, maybe even a third. If it’s meant to be, it will. If you have a lobster, nothing can stop you from getting together.
- Don’t be afraid of quitting your job to follow your bliss. Money will take care of itself. Do what you love. Even if it involves selling sneakers that look like they’re on fire!
- And this one’s my favorite. Eventually, it all works out. And exactly the way you want it to.
What lessons have you learnt form the show?
Please leave your comments below and let me know!
2 Comments Add yours
There can be no one who has watched friends not love this show or the characters. I love the show n wouldn’t mind watching it over n over again
I completely agree! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person